can't boot at all RRS feed

• Question

• i can't boot at all. i have tried safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command promt last known good config debugging mode repair mode normal mode i get nothing it will not boot anything PLEASE HELP i have a acer aspire 5720 windows vista
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please refer Carey’s link above to obtain the CD/DVD.

·          

·         Also, if the system is preinstalled by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and the manufacturer did not include Vista disks, there should be a Recovery Partition on your Hard drive. At the bottom of the splash Screen at startup/power on, there usually is a Key number, F10, or F11, to hit to start Recovery Process, to take it back to factory standards (out of the box). Another way I have seen on some models is to tap F8, and go to a list of Startup options, and start a factory standards recovery by selecting the Repair computer option. See if a Manual came with the computer, or go to the Manufacturer's website or contact their support for info on how to do a Recovery. Each manufacturer has their own way of doing a Recovery to factory standards.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:15 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:13 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:21 PM

All replies

• it doesnt say anything i press f8 and get a list but nothing on it is working when i shut off the computer and try again it tries to boot then a screen says start up repair (recommended) and start up normally. but niether of them do anything it just keeps refreshing the screen
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:35 AM
  • i got the laptop from school a few years ago everything came installed so i have no cds or anything but a acer users guide and this laptop
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:36 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer Carey’s link above to obtain the CD/DVD.

·          

·         Also, if the system is preinstalled by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and the manufacturer did not include Vista disks, there should be a Recovery Partition on your Hard drive. At the bottom of the splash Screen at startup/power on, there usually is a Key number, F10, or F11, to hit to start Recovery Process, to take it back to factory standards (out of the box). Another way I have seen on some models is to tap F8, and go to a list of Startup options, and start a factory standards recovery by selecting the Repair computer option. See if a Manual came with the computer, or go to the Manufacturer's website or contact their support for info on how to do a Recovery. Each manufacturer has their own way of doing a Recovery to factory standards.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:13 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:21 PM