Cannot change flag status to complete with check mark in Outlook Office 365 version 2018. Need help RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried everything i can think of, I am UNABLE to change flag status to complete. Error states: The operations cannot be performed because the message has been changed. 

Of course.. because I read the damn thing! 

Any and all help would be appreciated. I have already had nothing but problems with this program (setting up 1 of 2 email addresses was a complete nightmare and took almost 3 weeks to do!) and my patience is at an absolute end. 

Many thanks!

Friday, November 23, 2018 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What steps have you tried so far?

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Can you change the flag status on the web mail?

How did you try to mark the messages as complete? Did you right click on it and selected Follow Up > Mark Complete?

Based on my research, normally, you will get this error if you change the message during its synchronization with the server. Normally, we can wait a few second or switch messages and then click the flag icon again to see the results.

If you keep receiving this error, we can repair Outlook data file in case account data file was corrupted. Please refer to the status in this link.

Besides, please collect the detailed version information for Outlook via File > Office Account for further research.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:37 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2018 4:49 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates with this issue? 

Please feel free to post here if you have further concern.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:37 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't heard an update from you. Have you found the fix?

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 3, 2018 6:55 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 3, 2018 6:55 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 6:13 AM