none
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘dplyr’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) while consuming deployed web service RRS feed

• Question

• I had successfully installed Microsoft Machine Learning Server in Ubuntu 16.04 with a one-box configuration. Everything worked till the point where i had to consume the deployed web service. The first error that showed was it couldn't find the package dplyr, hence, i installed dplyr package in this path /opt/microsoft/mlserver/9.2.1/libraries/RServer as follows: 

install.packages("dplyr",dependencies=TRUE,lib= "/opt/microsoft/mlserver/9.2.1/libraries/RServer")

Then the following error was thrown

[1] "Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘dplyr’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):\n there is no package called ‘R6’\npred could not be returned.\n"

I restarted the r session and tried to install R6 and the following Error shows

install.packages("R6",dependencies=TRUE,lib="/opt/microsoft/mlserver/9.2.1/libraries/RServer")
      % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                     Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
    100  315k  100  315k    0     0   170k      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:--  170k
    No protocol specified
    * installing *source* package ‘R6’ ...
    ** package ‘R6’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** R
    ** inst
    ** preparing package for lazy loading
    Error in unloadNamespace(pkg_name) :
      namespace ‘R6’ is imported by ‘CompatibilityAPI’ so cannot be unloaded
    * removing ‘/opt/microsoft/mlserver/9.2.1/libraries/RServer/R6’

The downloaded source packages are in
            ‘/tmp/Rtmpi43m3t/downloaded_packages’
    Warning message:
    In install.packages("R6", dependencies = TRUE, lib = "/opt/microsoft/mlserver/9.2.1/libraries/RServer") :
      installation of package ‘R6’ had non-zero exit status

I restarted the R Session and tried to unload "CompatibilityAPI" from the Namespace (including the packages that "ComaptibilityAPI" depends on like RevoScaleR and MicrosoftML; also unloaded R6), tried to re-install the R6 again unfortunately ends up throwing the same error and warning message.

What could be the solution to this?

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:52 AM