none
GPO Central Store

Question

• Hi,

I want to use central store for my admx templates. I have creates a PolicyDefinitions folder in sysvol\sysvol\domain\policies and copied my admx files to there.

However when i go back to GP Management Editor the status for Administrative Templates is "Administrative Templates: Policy definitions (ADMX) retrieved from local computer" and not "...central store" which is what i was expecting.

This is a Win Server 2012 R2 DC.

Anyone else run into this issue?

K

Monday, August 10, 2015 10:00 AM

Answers

• The steps to create a central store are straightforward. If the folder structure is created properly, and all ADMX/ADML files got copied to the PolicyDefinitions folder, GPMC will automatically read these templates from the central store.

So, I would stress to check your folder stucture and see if it's correct. The "domain" in your path should be the FQDN of your current domain, for example:

C:\Windows\SYSVOL\sysvol\%UserDNSDomain%\Policies\PolicyDefinitions

Please note that you should also copy all ADML files to the same folder, not only the ADMX filex. All ADML files should be within the language folder (for example en-us).

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 5:29 AM

All replies

• http://blogs.technet.com/b/askpfeplat/archive/2011/12/12/how-to-implement-the-central-store-for-group-policy-admin-templates-completely-hint-remove-those-adm-files.aspx

Regards, Prabhu

Monday, August 10, 2015 10:09 AM
  • The steps to create a central store are straightforward. If the folder structure is created properly, and all ADMX/ADML files got copied to the PolicyDefinitions folder, GPMC will automatically read these templates from the central store.

So, I would stress to check your folder stucture and see if it's correct. The "domain" in your path should be the FQDN of your current domain, for example:

C:\Windows\SYSVOL\sysvol\%UserDNSDomain%\Policies\PolicyDefinitions

Please note that you should also copy all ADML files to the same folder, not only the ADMX filex. All ADML files should be within the language folder (for example en-us).

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 5:29 AM