none
Injecting Printer Drivers into MDT 2010 Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm currently in the process of building a single MDT "image" to install Windows 7 X64 on about 6 different machine types.  So far it's gone pretty well, I've added drivers to the "Out of Box Drivers" section, and they've installed on the proper machines as I'd expect them to, but I'm now running into a problem injecting the X64 printer drivers that our network printers need to function into the image.  Perhaps I'm missing Something along the way, in any case, I can't seem to figure out where I'm going wrong...

Here's what I've done:

1) Created a folder under Out Of Box Drivers called Printers X64

2) Imported my Drivers into the "Printers X64" folder - the driver is a PCL driver for a Dell 5330 Network printer

3) Created a Selection Profile called "Printers X64" that includes only the "Out of Box Drivers\Printers X64" folder

4) Added a Driver Injection Task Sequence that uses the "Printers X64" selection profile, and uses the "Install all drivers from the selection profile" option - I first put this in the "Custom Tasks" section, and when that didn't work I moved it to the "Post Install" section which also didn't work.

My plan had been to add all of our X64 printer drivers to this selection profile, and have MDT push the drivers to every computer that it images, as we are still running X32 servers in our environment, so we can't just install the X64 drivers and have the computers pull the driver from the server...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thursday, August 26, 2010 7:49 PM

All replies