none
Calculate Average 'Actual Work' for last month RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Project Web App to load Actual Work from people's Timecards into ProjectPro.

I would like a Report or (preferably) a Custom Field in Resource Usage that shows me the average Actual Work for the last month (or two months) for each Resource.

Below is a screenshot of my project.  I have "photoshopped" in the new field "1 Month Average" that I want.

I'm not that worried about getting exactly 1 month.  It could also be the last 4 weeks.
    (Basically, what I'm trying to see is each person's burn-rate for that Task.)

Thanks for ANY help that anyone can provide!

Andy

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:53 PM

All replies

• Andy,

I don't see any way of doing what you want with a formula or formulas in custom fields since a custom field formula can't access timescaled data. But, it can be done with some VBA. Would that work for you? If so, what is the desired time frame, you mention one month or two months or 4 weeks (the latter would be simplest).

John

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 2:42 PM
  • Why not adjust the Resource Usage timescale to monthly? That gives you hours per month. Then you can copy/paste to Excel and average or use VBA as John suggested.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:33 PM