KB4041994. Not Seeing in WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I don't seem to see KB4041994 in WSUS. Our WSUS is set to sync 4 times a day, and having checked there have been no issues with syncing.

I switched a Win 10 PC to to "check online for updates from Microsoft update" and the PC found it.

Just curious as to whether all is OK with our WSUS install. Latest syncs have purportedly run without issue. All Windows 10 versions are selected.

Does anyone else see it in their WSUS?

Thanks

• Edited by Testing72 Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:56 AM
    Monday, October 30, 2017 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This update is for Insider version. We could not find it in Windows Update Catalog. 

So WSUS server is not able to sync this update. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 2:16 AM
  • Thanks Yan. Odd, because this PC isn't set to receive Insider builds.
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:57 AM
  • Hello,

You may run winver command on that PC and make sure you are not running Insider version. 

And please also check whether the PC is still in Insider group. 

Regards,

Yan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 7:45 AM
  • To confirm the PC definitely isn't enrolled in the Insider programme. It currently has version 1709.

This was just a one off though, so I'll keep an eye out for any recurrence.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 1:12 PM
  • Hello,

Any update? As long as this computer is not member of insider group, you should not receive KB4041994. 

Regards,

Yan

Friday, November 3, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hi Yan, as above, it has build 1709. It's not enrolled in the Insider programme. Hopefully this was just a one off!
    Friday, November 3, 2017 9:42 AM