none
Recover lost Projects from cache RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Project Server 2010 install, from which we have noticed some projects missing. I can see copies of the projects in the local cache - but they are .mpc files, which I cannot open.  I need to convert these to .mpp files, so I can re-load them to the server. Anyone know how?

Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:26 AM

All replies

• stevecraig55 --

I am not aware of any way to convert the MPC file in your Local Cache to an enterprise project.  If you need to recover deleted enterprise project, ask your Project Server administrator to restore the deleted project using the Administrative Restore feature in the system.  This is assuming, of course, that your administrator is using the Scheduled Backup feature in Project Server to run a nightly backup of all enterprise projects.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:25 PM
  • Adding further, in case Administrative Backup is not scheduled in your environment then you have the option to look for restoration of Project Server databases to recover the Projects.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:34 PM