SCSM using external user notification address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i installed and configured SCSM 2016. We have 3 organization in the same building.

Organization1 - AD, exchnage1, SCSM

Organization2 - has own exchange2 connected domain on organization1

Organization3 - has own cloud mail, connected domain on organization1

ALL
    of organizations users have AD user on organization1. There is a
    problem when i m using SCSM notification. Notification sent affected
    user which user has to have mailbox on AD, but organization2 and
    organization3 don't have mailboxes on existing domain. i changed user
    notification settings for organization2 user and type external mail
    address on SCSM

but it don't work , what can i do for the solution.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:38 AM

Answers

• Hi

Service Manager should not care where the Exchange server is and should be able to send to the external domains. As you showed above the User CI object has to have a email address entered manually (you can use a import process to update users).

From here it is a matter of working out what is blocking the email notifications. These are some suggestions to try:

I would check with your Exchange administrator to see if the Service Manager Workflow server can send emails externally, especially if your SMTP channel uses an anonymous connection - by default Exchange requires authentication to relay email, unless the Admins have created anonymous send connector.

Maybe set the email address on your test user to an internal Exchange server email address. Then test. This confirms that Service Manager is working correctly and the subscription is triggering as expected.

Then change the email address to the external one and see if the Exchange Admins can track what has happened to it.

Possibly use telnet SMTP commands on the workflow server to confirm that the server can send email externally via Exchange.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

• Proposed as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ramixes Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:39 AM
  • Issue resolved , I configure accepted domains for my exchange server on AD domain and then It sends emails to my external emails successfully ... thanks for all
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hi

Service Manager should not care where the Exchange server is and should be able to send to the external domains. As you showed above the User CI object has to have a email address entered manually (you can use a import process to update users).

From here it is a matter of working out what is blocking the email notifications. These are some suggestions to try:

I would check with your Exchange administrator to see if the Service Manager Workflow server can send emails externally, especially if your SMTP channel uses an anonymous connection - by default Exchange requires authentication to relay email, unless the Admins have created anonymous send connector.

Maybe set the email address on your test user to an internal Exchange server email address. Then test. This confirms that Service Manager is working correctly and the subscription is triggering as expected.

Then change the email address to the external one and see if the Exchange Admins can track what has happened to it.

Possibly use telnet SMTP commands on the workflow server to confirm that the server can send email externally via Exchange.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

• Proposed as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:56 PM
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:39 AM
  • Issue resolved , I configure accepted domains for my exchange server on AD domain and then It sends emails to my external emails successfully ... thanks for all
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:40 AM