none
DPM 2010 Tape Management Report Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    We are running DPM 2010 now for about 5 weeks. Since this week the tape management report stopped working.

    When i go to reporting and open the "Tape Management" report i get this error:

    • An error occurred during client rendering.
      • An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
        • Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet5'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
          • Error converting data type nvarchar to float.

    All other reports are working just fine. Last week 15th of april i generated a report but now i am not able to. No Updates or software is installed. There are no events logged in the application or system log.

     

    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:58 PM

Answers

  • Hi All,

    I did get a response from Microsoft and the probleem is solved. I'm not quiet sure how it happend and if it's relevant to all of you but it's always worth a shot.

    The issue was solved after changing a comma to a period in a SQL table. I changed the tape write period accoording to this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399230.aspx. I used the command below:

    Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName backupservername -TapeWritePeriodRatio 0.10

    Apparently i used 0,10 instead of 0.10 (i am pretty sure i didn't because it was a copy paste, but then again i'm a human so i could have made a mistake.)

    You can verify if the issue is the same by looking up the value with SQL management studio.

    - Use SQL management studio and open the DPM instance (i used \\.\pipe\MSSQL$MSDPM2010\sql\query for the default instance)
    - Open DPMDB / tables and right-click the dbo.tbl_DLS_GlobalSetting table and select "edit top 200 rows".
    - Then lookup the value for TapewritePeriodRatio if its a value with a . (period) you have a different issue if it's a , (comma) then change it to a . (periode) instead of , (comma)

    After changing the . to a , the reports started working again on the 2 DPM servers.
    If you cannot find the value you probably didn't change the default setting and you also have a different issue.

    Best of luck!

    Regards
    Pascal Slijkerman


    • Marked as answer by P. Slijkerman Monday, May 30, 2011 11:38 AM
    Monday, May 30, 2011 11:38 AM

All replies

  • In adition to above. DPM 2010 QFE 2 was installed several weeks ago ( on the 23th of march)

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2465832

    When i access the reports via IE and the url below i am able to see the report but just for one week...

    http://trbackup02/Reports_MSDPM2010/Pages/Folder.aspx?ItemPath=%2fDPMReports&ViewMode=List

     

    Report: http://trbackup02/Reports_MSDPM2010/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fDPMReports%2fMediaDetails is working directly from IE and the reporting site but not from DPM 2010 MMC.

     



    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:21 PM
  • No response.... Anybody has an idea about this?
    Monday, May 2, 2011 10:09 AM
  • I also would like to get an answer-this EXACT same thing happened to us. It even happened the same time.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 4:33 PM
  • Hi Vladimir,

     

    I didn't get any response here so i opened a support ticket. If i have a solution i will post it here.

    Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

    any response from MS Support? I received the same error on the same report . . .

    BB


    BB
    Monday, May 30, 2011 8:47 AM
  • Hi All,

    I did get a response from Microsoft and the probleem is solved. I'm not quiet sure how it happend and if it's relevant to all of you but it's always worth a shot.

    The issue was solved after changing a comma to a period in a SQL table. I changed the tape write period accoording to this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399230.aspx. I used the command below:

    Set-DPMGlobalProperty -DPMServerName backupservername -TapeWritePeriodRatio 0.10

    Apparently i used 0,10 instead of 0.10 (i am pretty sure i didn't because it was a copy paste, but then again i'm a human so i could have made a mistake.)

    You can verify if the issue is the same by looking up the value with SQL management studio.

    - Use SQL management studio and open the DPM instance (i used \\.\pipe\MSSQL$MSDPM2010\sql\query for the default instance)
    - Open DPMDB / tables and right-click the dbo.tbl_DLS_GlobalSetting table and select "edit top 200 rows".
    - Then lookup the value for TapewritePeriodRatio if its a value with a . (period) you have a different issue if it's a , (comma) then change it to a . (periode) instead of , (comma)

    After changing the . to a , the reports started working again on the 2 DPM servers.
    If you cannot find the value you probably didn't change the default setting and you also have a different issue.

    Best of luck!

    Regards
    Pascal Slijkerman


    • Marked as answer by P. Slijkerman Monday, May 30, 2011 11:38 AM
    Monday, May 30, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Hello , i had this issue many time also in dpm 2010, and i think is related to regional setting language.

    For example when i changed form Englis US to Italian keyboard setting , i started to have this issue.

    i always chnage that parameters from regedit, not in shell so i must switch to English US , set in dpm shell 0.50 for example and restore the italian keyboard language.

    bye

    Thursday, June 9, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Thanks a million for sharing, Pascal

    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 9:50 AM