run a macro from terminal server to workstation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are using one ERP which reside on terminal server. We made RDP(remote desktop file) for that ERP.

And our employees are accessing that ERP through the RDP on their workstation.

We installed excel 2010 on our terminal server. And Excel 2016 on our workstation.

Now we have some modules that use excel report in our ERP. When I am trying to use macro from my ERP(excel 2010), I can create macro. I keep that workbook openand when I create a new workbook and try to access that macro, I am not seeing any macros on my view macro window. Do you know reason behind that? Do I need to make any setting to see created macro on my other workbook?

I am also sharing a screenshot for that. First one is created a macro by me and other one, I want to run that macro on other workbook.But unable to see macro name,,,

Thanks in advance....

Virtual Reality

• Edited by VR16 Friday, February 17, 2017 12:18 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2017 12:14 AM

All replies

• Hi VR16,

>>I  keep that workbook open and when I create a new workbook and try to access that macro, I am not seeing any macros on my view macro window.

Generally, we could run macros for different workbooks when they are opened in the same application. Would you please check if the two workbooks are opened in the same application?

Any update is appreciated.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 6:09 AM
  • Hello,

I already tried to run a macro in excel file.. However, I am not seeing a recorded macro in my other workbook.

Generally, we could run macros for different workbooks when they are opened in the same application. Would you please check if the two workbooks are opened in the same application?

What does mean same application in my case? Are you referring excel workbook?

I am attaching screenshot what I am getting:

I am explaining my situation below:

We are using one ERP called Jenzabar which is located on our terminal server. It has A/R inquiry window. We are using that A/R inquiry window from our client machine using RDP. A/R inquiry window is generating excel report. I created macro for first a/r inquiry window and the next time I want to use that macro for another excel report which is generated from A/R inquiry window.

I am also attaching screenshot for that.

Because of our ERP is located in our terminal server and we are trying to access our ERP on our client machine. It is not working in normal way. 

Do we need to apply any settings for that?

Virtual Reality

• Edited by VR16 Monday, February 20, 2017 4:17 PM
    Monday, February 20, 2017 4:16 PM
  • Hi VR16,

>> I already tried to run a macro in excel file.. However, I am not seeing a recorded macro in my other workbook.

By "other workbook", do you mean other workbooks on the same machine?

In general, when we turn on the Macro recorder, there's a pop-up menu that lets us choose where to save the Macro. The default is "This Workbook" but we can also choose the Personal Macro Workbook so that the macro can be available whenever we use Excel.

For more details about working with recorded macro, you may refer to the following articles:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Automate-tasks-with-the-Macro-Recorder-974ef220-f716-4e01-b015-3ea70e64937b

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-and-save-all-your-macros-in-a-single-workbook-66c97ab3-11c2-44db-b021-ae005a9bc790

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:32 AM