Proclarity Report Issue when deployed on SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have my SSAS on a 64-bit machine . My PAS and proclarity web pro and desktop pro and also SharePoint are in 32-bit machine. I am able to connect to the cube and develop reports on my machine.I have also deployed it on the sharepoint.All the reports are working fine. If i try to access the link from some other system and view the proclarity reports,it shows the following error message

"The selected page could not be opened because the cube could not be found".

Sometimes it also gives this error message
    "Your request could not be completed"

Is it because of any authentication issue??

Please let me know if there is any solution.

Regards,

Ram

Thursday, September 25, 2008 12:02 PM

Answers

• Strange... are there any shared sets being used in that report?  What I would suggest is open the report in the professional client where it's not working and that should fire the missing data wizard.  Go ahead and go through that and repair the view, republish it, and see if it works after that.

Let us know how that one works out.

Sean
    Monday, September 29, 2008 1:24 PM
  •  

Hi, Ram

First of all thanks for asking, it feels so good when someone try to understand your problem. Yesterday I spent half day figuring out the problem.

Today someone came with the solution.  In the Proclarity view we had a geographic filter with the selection All.  We use performance point filters when we publish in sharepoint and when we tried to access the page with a specific account didnt work because the specific account only could see one region and the security took action.  We erased the filter in the proclarity and just kept the filter in perfomance and worked out. 

By the way we took away NT Authority\Authenticated users from the PAS, i was told that that user is not supposed to be in the pas... Im kind of new on security business so... I dont know for sure.

Thank you so much

xxxx

adriana

Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Ram,

You're seeing those messages because SharePoint and PAS are attempting to pass credentials to the SSAS server using the NTLM protocol.  NTLM can only use the 'Anonymous Logon' account and you'll see that in the security logs of the SSAS server at the same time the error message appears.  Your best option is to configure Kerberos to forward the credentials to the cube.  You can also set PAS to 'basic' authentication although that's a security problem without SSL as well as another prompt where users have to re-enter their credentials.  Kerberos is more secure than NTLM and is the best solution to the double-hop scenario.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927942

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917409

hth,

Sean

Friday, September 26, 2008 2:15 PM
  • Hi Sean,

Thanks a lot for the reply. As of now i have set my PAS to 'Basic Authentication' . everything is working fine as of now. The problem is if i modify my report(Say i have changed the measure from Quantity to Sales Amount) and re-publish it in SharePoint  it gives me the below error:

"This page is not available now. Please choose another page.

It is based on a member that has changed or is unavailable.

The details of this condition have been recorded for the web site administrator. If you need immediate assistance, contact the web site administrator to help resolve this issue"

What may be the cause? It clearly shows that the this error is due to change of measure in the report. It works fine on the admin machine. But if i access the report from the client side it shows me this error!!

Any solution how to overcome this?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Ram
    Monday, September 29, 2008 6:52 AM
  • Strange... are there any shared sets being used in that report?  What I would suggest is open the report in the professional client where it's not working and that should fire the missing data wizard.  Go ahead and go through that and repair the view, republish it, and see if it works after that.

Let us know how that one works out.

Sean
    Monday, September 29, 2008 1:24 PM
  • Hi Sean,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yeah we could fix the issue. It was exactly because of the missing member. When we opened the file in the client's place it gave the missing member wizard. We then republished it and it  automatically solved our issue.

Thanks a lot Sean.

Regards,
    Ram

Monday, September 29, 2008 1:55 PM
  • Hi everyone, in fact one of the problems with that error is because you change a name in the cube and that affects the view.  My problem on the other hand, is when I get that same error and the missing data wizard does not shoots because actually I didnt make any changes.   I can se the view in the pas and with the administrator account in sharepoint, but when a specific account no luck, it has permissons in performance point, analysis services and is a valid account in the active directory and the others views look fine with this specific account.... Do you have any idea what could it be.  thank you very much  this is messing with my brain

xoxox

adriana

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:15 PM
  • Hi Adriana,

Your problem is when you log into share point as an administrator , you are able to view the report and if you login with some other user it throws an error. If this is the scenario just check whether the user has been added to the PAS roles and given correct permissions. We added NT Authority\Authenticated users to the PAS roles and gave read permissions and it started working for us.

Regards,
    Ram
    Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:34 AM
  •  

Hi, Ram

First of all thanks for asking, it feels so good when someone try to understand your problem. Yesterday I spent half day figuring out the problem.

Today someone came with the solution.  In the Proclarity view we had a geographic filter with the selection All.  We use performance point filters when we publish in sharepoint and when we tried to access the page with a specific account didnt work because the specific account only could see one region and the security took action.  We erased the filter in the proclarity and just kept the filter in perfomance and worked out. 

By the way we took away NT Authority\Authenticated users from the PAS, i was told that that user is not supposed to be in the pas... Im kind of new on security business so... I dont know for sure.

Thank you so much

xxxx

adriana

Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:58 PM