none
Reporting Web Part Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody!

I have the following issue with SQL Server Reporting web part.

The project farm configuration is as follows:

Server A - Project Server 2010 + SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1

Server B - separate dedicated SQL Reporting Server 2008 R2 SP1 (previously was just 2008, but the upgrade was done by the customer)

I have created a number of reports in Report Builder 3.0 using data from ProjectServer_Reporting database. I add the .rdl files to a SharePoint library, then add SQL Server Reporting web part and specify the desired report in it. If I choose sql authentication in the report then the report in the web part works correctly but always before viewing it prompts for the user credentials which is not very convenient for the customer. If I switch the authentication type to Windows then the web part shows the error (for sure the user is added to the db_datareader role in SQL Management Studio):

An error has occurred during report processing (rsProcessingAborted).
    Cannot create a connection to data source 'PS2010DataSource' (rsErrorOpeningConnection).

PS2010dataSource - the name of the DataSource created in the Report Builder. In the Report Builder all the reports work fine as well.

Any help will be highly appreciated! Thank you beforehand!

Sunday, August 5, 2012 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hello!

Sorry for letting you wait for my comments!

I escalated this question to the SQL & SharePoint teams. Now waiting for any news.

Thank you all for your help! Much appreciated!

Monday, August 13, 2012 6:55 PM

All replies

• If you click on the datasource in the BI center, is it set correctly? I've had stuff work well locally but when I published, it didn't update the datasource in SharePoint.

Treb Gatte

Monday, August 6, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Hi Treb!

I didn't exactly understand you. Which datasources in BI center did you mean? The datasource I was talking about was configured in the Report Builder.

Thanks!

Monday, August 6, 2012 2:11 PM
  • Hello Artem. Are you running SSRS in native or SharePoint Integrated mode? Does your environment have multiple domain names and if so try specifying the DOMAIN\serviceAccount with windows authentication option checked. This account will require read access to all databases the report is accessing. Is iut just the ProjectServer_Reporting database? Also double check your data source settings in report manager/SharePoint library.

Another option is to grant people direct read access to the database and allow the user credentials to pass through for authentication. Although personally i prefer the trusted windows account for data source connections but different requirements for different needs.

To get your logon credentials to pass through to SSRS automatically, check your IE browser settings. Ensure the SSRS URL is in the local intranet or trusted zone and that the zone security settings allow automatic logon with current user name checked. This is the option at the botton of the zone security settings under user authentication. Same for the Project Server URL.

Regards,

Piet Remen
    http://pietremen.blogspot.com.au

Monday, August 6, 2012 2:51 PM
  • Hello!

Sorry for letting you wait for my comments!

I escalated this question to the SQL & SharePoint teams. Now waiting for any news.

Thank you all for your help! Much appreciated!

Monday, August 13, 2012 6:55 PM