Recurring meeting with different rooms for different dates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question regarding how outlook handles recurring meetings when some of dates are unavailable for a room.

Take the following Scenario:

• Recurring Meeting (starts 1st Jan, ends 31st Jan, daily, weekdays only)
    • Room resource used is called "Room1" but there is also a "Room2" available where room1 is already booked.
    • From 1st to 10th, Room1 is available
    • From 11-13th Room1 is UNAVAILABLE ( here i would use Room2)
    • From 14 to 31st Room1 is available again.

Am i right in saying that outlook creates 3 separate meeting requests (1-10, 11-13 and 14-31st) and for every break in the list of consecutive room/dates a new meeting request is created?

thanks.

Sunday, April 3, 2016 11:13 PM

Answers

• You can do that both in the UI (double click on the occurrence in the Calendar, select "this instance", modify the attendees) or programmatically: use AppointmentItem.GetRecurrencePattern().GetOccurrence to get the AppointmentItem object representing the recurrence instance, modify its Recipients collection.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 4:25 AM

All replies

• Outlook does not create anything that you do not tell it to create. You can create 3 separate meetings if you want. Or you can create a single meeting and create exceptions for the recurrence instances on 11-13. 

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:01 AM
  • Hi,

The suggestion provide by Dmitry Streblechenko is helpful. Please check whether it resolve the issue.

In addition, since this forum is mainly discuss developing issues involve Outlook and the issue is more relate to the end-user, I'd like to move it to Outlook IT pro forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 4, 2016 7:34 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. When you say "create exceptions" can this be done via VSTO code, as in outlook i cant see a way to do a recurring meeting then pick different rooms for different days?
    • Edited by Milsnips Wednesday, April 6, 2016 3:49 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 3:49 AM
  • You can do that both in the UI (double click on the occurrence in the Calendar, select "this instance", modify the attendees) or programmatically: use AppointmentItem.GetRecurrencePattern().GetOccurrence to get the AppointmentItem object representing the recurrence instance, modify its Recipients collection.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 4:25 AM