Aero Disabled Silently RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just a note: My Windows 7 desktop was working great. I swapped my two small monitors for a pair of 1920x1080 monitors and now Aero Glass doesn't work. The logs indicate the following:

The Desktop Window Manager has encountered a fatal error (0x8007000e)

Searching on that hex number tells me that it indicates an Out of Memory or Resources error.

Using the "Troubleshoot problems with transperency and other Aero effects" wizard tells me that it discovers the Desktop Window Manager service is not running. This is not true- it has experienced a fatal error but is still running. Restarting this service, as the wizard automatically does, resolves nothing.

Reducing screen resolution two steps down on ONE of my two monitors resolves the problem as I am then able to manually re-select Aero-using themes.

It'd be nice if the wizard were a bit more accurate about 1) the problem and 2) the resolution (no pun intended). The real resolution appears to be that I need a better video adapter!

Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:52 PM

All replies

• Which Windows 7 you using and your graphics Card??
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:07 AM
  • I have the same issue as well. I was able to restart the "Desktop Window Manager" service and the Aero was switching on most of the time.

It could be several things which is causing the "Desktop Window Manager" to crash - Adobe Flash components or IE 9 - couldn't conclude which one in my case. But this is an issue which several people have reported that I read through the forums.

My laptop is a MacBook Pro with 4G RAM and Quadcore 2.5GHz processor and GT330M graphics card.

Chandra Sekhar
    Friday, December 17, 2010 7:15 PM