System login very slowly under domain RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday i formatted a user laptop in our company , after formatting i joined it with domain then i installed all the required software,after installation of software i added the user and try to login with his account but in login it taking too much time around 8 to 10 minutes every time whenever user login i am not understanding what went wrong after installation, but if i login with local user account then it login very fastly.
    Rakesh Kumar
    Monday, July 18, 2011 3:57 AM

Answers

• Hi friends My problems has been resolved after changed the hard drive

Rakesh Kumar
    • Marked as answer by RakeshKumar86 Monday, July 25, 2011 5:09 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 5:08 AM

All replies

• I sounds like the pc is not able to read Group Policy settings, and that is why it is taking so long.  Or perhaps there is an authentication issue with the DC. 

The first place to start is to check the Event Logs on the fautly client pc.  Look for events that are logged as the client starts up, and tries to log on to the Domain Controller.  I suspect this is where your problem lies.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vole. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as "Answer".
    Monday, July 18, 2011 6:41 AM
  • logon to the domain on the PC using another user account. If it still happens, logon to the pc as a domain administrator and force all group policy updates manually using "gpupdate /force" from the command prompt.

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, July 18, 2011 7:42 AM
  • Hi friends My problems has been resolved after changed the hard drive

Rakesh Kumar
    • Marked as answer by RakeshKumar86 Monday, July 25, 2011 5:09 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 5:08 AM