Outlook Archive Folder RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently running MS Office Professional Plus 2010 in Windows 7 Pro. The hard drive crashed on my previous machine recently and I only had a partial backup.  The machine which crashed was also running MS Office Pro Plus 2010 in Windows 7 Pro.  In MS Outlook, I previously had an archive folder with many subfolders.  Then, and now, I run Outlook through an Exchange Server here on my university campus, but my understanding is that the archive folders were stored locally on my machine.  When my HD crashed, I restored the partial back up to a different PC and signed onto my Exchange email account with that new machine.  My .pst and .ost files seem to be fine, but I have not been able to figure out how to get to my archived folders, or if they even exist anymore (whether they were a part of what was in my backup and got restored to the new machine), as I do not know how they are stored or what file/directory to search in.  Could someone provide guidance on where the archive folders would be and if it is possible and how to re-connect them to my email box?

Thanks.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like suggest you post the issue to Outlook Support forum as the reason that the issue is about Outlook Using issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, October 8, 2012 3:56 PM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 2:23 AM
  • the archive folder is usually stored as...  archive.pst

you could do a search on the drive for "*.pst" Should find it

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hi There ,they are normally stored within the .ost file as far as i can see from my previous experience yet i could be wrong, The .ost file might be corrupted in that area

J.GAUNTLETT Microsoft IT Professional (Since 2009)

Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:39 PM
  • Hi,

I would like suggest you post the issue to Outlook Support forum as the reason that the issue is about Outlook Using issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 21, 2012 2:23 AM
  • the archive folder is usually stored as...  archive.pst

you could do a search on the drive for "*.pst" Should find it

Friday, September 21, 2012 11:59 AM