Windows 10 Mobile - Contacts disappear after account is "fixed" with focus\other mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue with Windows 10 mobile; the phone has been fine and updates always completed. 

However the mail app asked to fix my office365 account so I done it; annoyingly my contacts have now disappeared from the phone but are still in the online webmail and my other apple device. I factory reset the phone and it is all ok (including updating so there are no os updates).

It quickly asks me to "fix my account" and it happens again.

Anyone else seen this? I have seen it on two other Lumia 650s (again all up to date)

Thursday, November 30, 2017 3:47 PM

All replies

• I seem to have similar problem with Lumia 930 with Win10 mobile, contacts have disappeared from the phone, but still remain at online email account. Emails and calendar work and sync ok from Exchange/O365 to phone, but contacts remain empty in the phone. Contacts can be synced from Gmail or I have deleted and reconnected the email account from the phone several times, but no success. All i.e. email, calendar and contacts are active in the account settings. Updated from Win 8 mobile to Win10 mobile in July 2017, and since then all worked ok until this problem appeared ca. Dec 12th 2017.

• Proposed as answer by kasatonov Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:38 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by kasatonov Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:38 AM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:49 PM
  • Problem solved: Somehow there was created another Contacts-folder besides my original Yhteystiedot-folder (in which all my contacts exist) in Exchange email account, which was updated with my phone. I detected this after manually adding a couple of contacts to my phone, and they were updated to email account in this new Contacts-folder. After moving all my contacts from Yhteystiedot-folder to the new Contacts folder, they all were sychronized to my phone. Syncronization took approx. 1.5 h, but anyhow seems to work now.
    • Proposed as answer by kasatonov Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:48 AM
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:47 AM