Upgrading MOM 2005 Installed With ForeFront Client Security RRS feed

• Question

• We installed ForeFront Client Security in a single server installation (with the exception of the distribution server which is handled by another WSUS server). We are wanting to install Systems Center Operation Manager 2007 R2 on a different server in order to monitor more systems and applications. Is it possible to uninstall the MOM 2005 that comes with ForeFront and have it use the SCOM 2007 on a separate server? Or can two different MOM agents exist on a computer and report to different servers? Does anyone have an documentation on this type of situation? I have yet to find any. Thanks in advance.

Jeff
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:45 PM

Answers

• After doing some more searching, I have found that you cannot use FCS with another version of MOM. It will only work on the version that comes with it, so you cannot install SCOM 2007 and use it instead. I have also found articles and threads saying that multiple MOM agents can live on a client and they will not interfere with each other. Just wanted to share that information in case someone else needs it.
    • Marked as answer by jwbrown Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:44 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:44 PM

All replies

• After doing some more searching, I have found that you cannot use FCS with another version of MOM. It will only work on the version that comes with it, so you cannot install SCOM 2007 and use it instead. I have also found articles and threads saying that multiple MOM agents can live on a client and they will not interfere with each other. Just wanted to share that information in case someone else needs it.
    • Marked as answer by jwbrown Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:44 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:44 PM
  • Hi,

Please could you post the actual link to any official MS statements around this, thank you.

T
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:13 AM