Uninstall option not available for all programs RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure if this is related to the recent updates to my Vista Basic laptop since I don't uninstall programs regularly but I discovered it this weekend. When in the control panel>programs not all of the programs give me the option to uninstall them. I make sure to download Vista compatible programs.  It also seems like the graphics are screwed up as the background is all white and I don't remember it being that way before. I am using the Windows Classic theme and not the Vista theme. Right now it seems that I can't uninstall WinZip, Photoshop or Paintshop.  Winzip is the only way I wanted to get rid of and there is no uninstall program.

here's a screenshot:

www.foreverpurple.com/images/nouninstall.jpg
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:13 AM

All replies

• I think you removed registry entries of the program you want to uninstall first reinstall anda then remove it I think it will give you the remove option in add remove programs

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:14 PM
  • I have never edited the registry on this laptop and I absolutely DID NOT remove any registry keys for WinZIP.   I have not touched the program. I don't remember installing it to begin with and I don't use it.  I went into my uninstall to remove another program and was looking for anything else I might want to get rid of and noticed WinZIP and decided to remove it.  WinZIP possibly came with the laptop when I bought it but I don't honestly remember.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 6:53 PM