Printing Author with Track Changes in Balloons RRS feed

• Question

• When users display track changes in balloons, the author name appears along with the revisions.  Comments also show the author's name.  When sent to print, the comments show the author's initials, which is fine, but the track changes revisions do NOT show either the author's name or the initials.  Users want to be able to identify, on the printout, who made the revisions.  How can you have Word show the author on a printout?

• Edited by AllenVicto Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:52 PM Removed References to Images since I can't get them inserted due to lack of account verification
    Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Allen,

Unfortunately, revision balloons do not display any author information in Print Preview or printout. It's by design. I suggest that you post a feedback to Word uservoice so the developers can reach out to you and explain it further. 

If you have anything unclear, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 6:42 AM
  • Thank you!
    Thursday, March 7, 2019 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

Through researching this issue, I found that many others are asking the same thing.  In addition, you can also refer to the article How do I give feedback on Microsoft Office? to send your feedback.

Please remember to mark my reply as answer to help us close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

If you have any questions on Office, you are always welcome to ask questions and discuss them with us here.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, March 8, 2019 1:35 AM
  • Hi Allen,

I am checking the status of this issue. Please remember to mark my reply as answer to help us close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

If you have any questions on Office, please feel free to ask questions at TechNet Forum and discuss them with us here.

Best Regards,

Herb

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:46 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:46 AM