none
Error 39 when trying to install device driver Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to install a driver on a windows 10 computer. The driver is F5U109_2.05.120705 (Belkin serial to usb adapter). I found the driver software for windows 10 and it works on my computer which has windows 10 version 1607. The computer I am trying to install the driver is windows 10 version 1803. Now this driver does work on a computer that was imaged with the 1607 version then upgraded to 1803.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}
     %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x This is the error.
    What security/registry setting might be different in the fresh image of our 1803 vs the upgrade from 1607?

Any help you can provide will greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 2:03 PM

All replies

• Ran into the same thing.  Do you have Device Guard and/or Credential Guard enabled? Once I disabled those it started working. 

"./DG_Readiness_Tool_v3.5 -disable"

• Edited by fina27 Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:24 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:23 PM