Outlook 2013 Seach incomplete RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've been browsing the forums and tried a lot of "fixes" but none of them seems to work in my environment.

We have several users who are getting incomplete searches. When I mean incomplete, they are missing a large chucks of emails from 2017. They only have Dec 2017 skips the rest of 2017 then resumes the search from 2016 to whenever their mailbox was created.

I've tried the following:

1) repair office
    2) delete and recreate outlook profiles
    3) rebuild their index
    4) Applied the latest office\outlook updates
    5) Select all mailbox to be searched from.

When I go to the indexing status, it keeps on spinning and spinning and spinning. Never completes.

I've also looked at the indexing option, and Microsoft Outlook is not even listed in the included locations. I'm not even sure how to add it to the list. User is not cached and it's disabled via GP.

What else should I try? User is on Windows 10 with Outlook 2013. Also happening with Windows 7 and Outlook 2013.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

>> User is not cached and it's disabled via GP.

From your description, users are using online mode, right?

Based on my knowledge, if Outlook is in Online Mode, the search feature is dependent on the Microsoft Exchange server, utilizing the index available on the server. 

In this situation, I’d like to encourage you to contact your Exchange administrator or post to the dedicated Exchange forum for further assistance.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:39 AM
  • Will do. I'll post there. 
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:56 PM