invitation always crashed and outlook always no responding RRS feed

• Question

• I got an strange issue recently. My boss delegated his calendar to me. When I click some invitations which others send to him, my outlook always crashed. It stay at "no responding" for a long time and can't turn back to normal.... And I get the same issue when I try to do some changes on my boss's calendar.  I have reinstall office, change machine, unchecked "download shared folder"....All of them don't work.......Anyone can help me to fix it?  It only happened on windows 10 machine. I use office 2016
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 2:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried logging onto OWA and check if you can access your boss's calendar as expected?

>> It only happened on windows 10 machine.

By this, do you mean you have tested on other machines? If so, could you please share more details about your troubleshooting steps then we can do further analysis on this?

Besides, it is suggested to have a check in the Event Viewer, when the problem occurs and see if anything useful would be recorded out there.

Additionally, please try to ask your boss to grant you at least author level permissions to his Deleted Items folder of the his mailbox in Outlook. Outlook may crash when the delegate tries to change or delete a calendar item by using delegate permissions, while the Deleted Items folder is not granted permissions when delegates are set in Outlook. For more information, you may refer to the following article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2783247/a-delegate-cannot-change-or-delete-a-calendar-item-by-using-delegate-p 

Hope you can find this helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 6, 2017 7:45 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Thank you for your response. It's not a permission issue indeed. My boss has given me the editor permission. I can open his calendar and see all details. I means when I double click meeting on my boss's calendar. It loads very slow and always make my outlook crashed. Do you have email box? I can give you the video for the issue. Or you can mail me too. Joey.zhu@nike.com

Friday, July 7, 2017 7:04 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

If possible, could you please share the video via OneDrive then our community members can help you better? (You may edit the reply above and delete the email address as we do not recommend you reveal your personal email address for security concern.)

By the way, have you checked if there's any relevant information recorded in Event Viewer when the crash occurred

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:46 AM