none
RD Gateway prompt for credentials when launching over WebAcess from external

Question

• Hi together

I'm a bit new to RDS and have some troubles launching a published app from external over WebAccess with RD Gateway. It always prompts me again for my credentials right after clicking the published app.

My RDS 2016 farm is a brand new setup:
    - server1.domain.local acts as Broker
    - server2.domain.local acts as WebAccess and RD Gateway
    - server3.domain.local acts as RD Session Host

I have configured two internal DNS names:
    - portal.mydomain.com which points to the internal IP of server2.domain.local (WebAccess/RD Gateway)
    - rdsbroker.mydomain.com which points to the internal IP of server1.domain.local (Broker)

Also configured a public FQDN portal.mydomain.com which points over a public IP and NAT to the internal IP of server2.mydomain.local (WebAccess/RD Gateway) to get it available from external.

The RD Gateway is configured with servername "portal.mydomain.com" and a public SSL certificate which contains this name is assigned in the deployment properties.

For the broker I've runned the "Set-RDPublishedName" PowerShell script to change the name to "rdsbroker.mydomain.com".

I'm now able to connect from external to the website https://portal.mydomain.com, enter domain\username and password. Then my published ressources are displayed. As soon as I click on a published app it will ask me for my credentials again. If I enter them, I'm able to start the ressource. How may I get rid of this?

Internally everything is working perfect if I configure my RD Gateway to "Bypass RD Gateway server for local addresses". As soon as I remove this thick it also prompts me internally same as externally a second time for my credentials.

Thansk for any advice :-)

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:51 AM

All replies