4.5 Sequencer - create .msi by default? RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone know of a way to get the sequencer to create an .msi by default?
    There is no option in the sequencer menus (just an option on whether to allow .msi creation at all).

I often forget to check the "create .msi" box at the end of sequencing an app and then have to curse when I open my new sequence folder and discover the .msi is missing :-)
    Friday, November 14, 2008 10:15 AM

Answers

• Take a look at default.sprj file in the Sequencer's installation directory, namely line that says:

<DEFAULT Name="GenerateMSIOnSave" Value="No"/>

..and try to change it to "Yes". This file will be used as SPRJ source for all new packages.

If file is not there, you can generate it by going into Sequencer's Option -> Exclusion items and clicking "Save as Default".

br,

Kalle

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:44 PM
    Friday, November 14, 2008 8:30 PM

All replies

• run the following command and msi will get generated:

Code Snippet
    sftsequencer.com /open:<your sprj file with path> /msi

Friday, November 14, 2008 1:52 PM
  • Take a look at default.sprj file in the Sequencer's installation directory, namely line that says:

<DEFAULT Name="GenerateMSIOnSave" Value="No"/>

..and try to change it to "Yes". This file will be used as SPRJ source for all new packages.

If file is not there, you can generate it by going into Sequencer's Option -> Exclusion items and clicking "Save as Default".

br,

Kalle

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:44 PM
    Friday, November 14, 2008 8:30 PM