Need fresh copies of ntkrnlpa.exe and ntkrpamp.exe RRS feed

• Question

• I've been chasing my tail on some reoccurring errors that point to these two files.  If you have fresh copies of these two, please send them to me.

Thank you

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 12:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What problem did you encounter? Let's double confirm if the culprit is those two files. Since these two files are all core components of Windows. Don't modify them Unless they are corrupted.

If you still want to replace these files, I suggest you use the original installation media to repair your installation:

1.Turn on your computer, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then turn off your computer.

2.Restart your computer.

3.Press any key when prompted to do so, and then follow any instructions that appear.

4.When the Install Windows page appears, click Repair your computer to access system recovery options.

5.Follow the instructions.

Note: Don't forget to change startup settings in BIOS.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Karen Hu Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:11 AM update
    • Proposed as answer by FangZhou Chen Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by FangZhou Chen Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:13 AM
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:09 AM
  • I've been chasing my tail on some reoccurring errors that point to these two files.  If you have fresh copies of these two, please send them to me.

Thank you

When you say errors, what do you mean? Bsod errors, event viewer, what? Could you tell us the exact text (no paraphrasing) of the messages?

System files are protect and rarely do they generate errors, with the exception of instances when they are erroneously flagged for something a third party driver caused.

Please upload a copy of your system information file. Click "start" , type "msinfo32" , Click "file" at the top of the page, select "export" and give the file a name and click "save" .

Navigate to where the file was saved to, and upload the generated text file to a public folder on your OneDrive account and post the link here.

If you are getting these error messages when the system crashes, please refer to the link below, for instructions on how to  locate, zip and upload and share the dump  files for analysis.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/blue-screen-of-death-bsod/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

• Edited by XP ROCKS Friday, January 9, 2015 2:55 AM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 2:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What problem did you encounter? Let's double confirm if the culprit is those two files. Since these two files are all core components of Windows. Don't modify them Unless they are corrupted.

If you still want to replace these files, I suggest you use the original installation media to repair your installation:

1.Turn on your computer, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then turn off your computer.

2.Restart your computer.

3.Press any key when prompted to do so, and then follow any instructions that appear.

4.When the Install Windows page appears, click Repair your computer to access system recovery options.

5.Follow the instructions.

Note: Don't forget to change startup settings in BIOS.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Karen Hu Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:11 AM update
    • Proposed as answer by FangZhou Chen Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:20 AM
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:09 AM

Thank you

When you say errors, what do you mean? Bsod errors, event viewer, what? Could you tell us the exact text (no paraphrasing) of the messages?

System files are protect and rarely do they generate errors, with the exception of instances when they are erroneously flagged for something a third party driver caused.

Please upload a copy of your system information file. Click "start" , type "msinfo32" , Click "file" at the top of the page, select "export" and give the file a name and click "save" .

Navigate to where the file was saved to, and upload the generated text file to a public folder on your OneDrive account and post the link here.

If you are getting these error messages when the system crashes, please refer to the link below, for instructions on how to  locate, zip and upload and share the dump  files for analysis.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/blue-screen-of-death-bsod/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

• Edited by XP ROCKS Friday, January 9, 2015 2:55 AM
    Friday, January 9, 2015 2:51 AM