Office 365 stuck at start RRS feed

• Question

• So I have installed Office 365 on my new Windows 10 laptop and it worked just fine for several weeks. Now, I cannot open any of the microsoft office apps. It got stuck on the starting and it does nothing. Tried waiting for a couple of hours but it is still not opening. I opened an old word file and it worked, but once I clicked it crashes and do not respond. What should I do?
    Sunday, August 14, 2016 2:17 PM

Answers

•  What should I do?

First perform a repair of your Office via Control Pane and see if it helps:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Make sure to select Online Repair, instead of Quick Repair to ensure everything gets fixed.

If issue persists after an Online Repair, try to launch any Office application in Safe Mode, and see if that will make any difference. For example:

Press Win + R and type "winword.exe /safe" in the blank box, then press Enter.

This will help to determine whether the issue was caused by any third party add-ins. If it works well in safe mode, then you will need to disable all installed add-ins one by one to isolate the faulty one.

Feel free to post back with any findings.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 3:56 AM