none
advanced group policy help! urgent

Question

• Hi, We have advanced group policy management server set up.  I edited one controlled group policy and submit for deploy.

it is in pending deploy.  now, I found out that the change I made is not in need.  Can I just withdraw the group policy in pending deploy?  will this controlled group policy return in controlled group policy objects after withdrawing?  just curious, withdrawing does not make it disappear.

Thank you for your help.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• the pending GPO is waiting for final approval, have the user who has been given the "approver" role reject the changes
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Can I as a requester to use "withdraw" in pending deploy?

great thanks.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:21 PM
  • Yes you should beable to withdraw the pending changes so long as you have the "editor" role assigned
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:24 PM
  • yes. I do have "editor" role.

just curious, withdrawing does not make it disappear as it is still in use.

will this controlled group policy return in controlled group policy objects after withdrawing?

thank you for your quick help.

btw, which way is better on this case, reject or withdraw?

• Edited by John JY Wednesday, March 16, 2016 5:45 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 5:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by John JY Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:21 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:03 PM
  • great link. thanks a lot for continuing support.

I guess I have to use "reject" as reject does not return the GPO to the "Uncontrolled" tab.  Right?

>To withdraw your request before it has been approved, click the Pending tab. Right-click the GPO, and then click Withdraw. The GPO will be returned to the Uncontrolled tab.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:21 PM
  • The link tells you what will happen with any of the action, just make sure that a person with the approver role can help you if things do not go as you planned.
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:23 PM