none
Mapped Drive issues for 2012 R2

Question

• I have 2 questions -

I setup a mapped drive to be specific to drive letter "Y" and with the action settings "Replace". When a user logs in, the drive mapping is setup correctly. Have the user log off and log back in, and it creates a new drive "V". Now both "Y" and "V" are mapped. Is there any reason for this?

Also, when looking at the action settings under the group policy, I can no longer change the "Replace" setting (although I wouldn't want to change it). It is greyed out which I have never seen before.

Any insight is appreciated. Thank you.

Friday, May 20, 2016 2:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    First of all, please make sure that there is no other group policy or log on script configured to map the new drive "V".
    In addition, we could modify the registry value of mapped drivers to see if this issue persists and do a test:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Map Network Drive MRU
    In the registry value, you could clear the V drive path to see if this issue persists. If issue still happens, please try another user account for test again.
    Please Note: backup the registry before performing the any modification.

And I would suggest you try the Clean Boot to determine if it works to fix the issue.

Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 23, 2016 4:21 AM