Export CSV list of all FCS Clients RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a simple way to export a list of all clients from the FCS console so that i can compare with what the MOM console shows?
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, we cannot export some FCS clients from FCS console.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    • Proposed as answer by David Creedy Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Monday, January 25, 2010 3:27 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:04 AM
  • You cannot export from the FCS console.  The discrepancy is probably due to not reporting clients.  So in the FCS console we basically do not show clients that have not reported in in the past 30 days.  However you will still see this client count inside of MOM.  Check your agent managed computers in MOM and sort by last heartbeat I believe to get an idea of clients that haven't been checking in.

CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Friday, January 22, 2010 7:22 PM

All replies

• I generally use the MOM console to show my clients.  Is there a specific thing you need to review?

Short of comparing the number of clients presented in FCS console vs MOM console, I'm not sure if you could do this.

I believe the FCS console gets its client information from MOM anyway, So these would be the same list if you COULD export it.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 8:56 PM
  • That's exactly what i'm trying to do.  I have a discrepancy of about 320 clients from the MOM console and the FCS console.  I wanted to export from FCS to compare with MOM and find out what the PC names are.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:57 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, we cannot export some FCS clients from FCS console.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    • Proposed as answer by David Creedy Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Monday, January 25, 2010 3:27 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:04 AM
  • You cannot export from the FCS console.  The discrepancy is probably due to not reporting clients.  So in the FCS console we basically do not show clients that have not reported in in the past 30 days.  However you will still see this client count inside of MOM.  Check your agent managed computers in MOM and sort by last heartbeat I believe to get an idea of clients that haven't been checking in.

CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Friday, January 22, 2010 7:22 PM