Unable to save display settings RRS feed

• Question

• I have a desktop PC with an HD monitor and an Optoma projector.  I'm running Windows 7.  I have had these two monitors on "EXTEND DISPLAY" and working with no problems  for as long as I've had the computer.  Recently,  while I was gone I had a guest staying at my place who changed some settings - but I don't know what settings were changed, although I do know they disconnected the projector which I have since reconnected.  Now my computer seems to be able to detect the second monitor (the projector) but will not let me save the settings to extend to it.  In addition when I try to detect displays a third mystery monitor appears which I also cannot extend to.  How can I get my computer to allow me to extend my display to the projector so that I can use it.  Thanks.

Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since the issue occurred after changing the configuration, you can perform system restore first.

This issue can be caused by hardware or driver. I suggest reloading the latest video card driver, chipset driver from manufacturer's website. If the issue persists, you may need to contact the video adapter manufacturer.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:08 AM
    Monday, January 9, 2012 9:04 AM