none
Percent done column RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to make a % done column that the would pull data from the gant chart. When you click on tracking gant you can see the %'s done on the gant chart.  What I would like to do would be to have a column that would reflect those %'s done on the tracking gant.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The field is called %Complete. It is available for insertion.

Greetings,

• Marked as answer by mackconsult Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:56 PM
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The field is called %Complete. It is available for insertion.

Greetings,

• Marked as answer by mackconsult Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:56 PM
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:19 PM
  • Thanks, I didn't realize that you could pull date from the gant chart like that.
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:55 PM
  • Strictly speaking, you do not pull data from the chart to populate the column (field). The data in the field exists (first) as a result of the inputs and calculations. The chart merely displays it.

You can, as Jan says, insert the % complete column into the current table, which I suppose is the entry table. However, I think it is better practice to not insert extra columns in the entry table because this amounts to changing the design of the entry table on the fly. If you insert a few extra columns and hide a few columns, you end up with a table which is named entry table but does not resemble the original entry table which starts off with a particular set of columns arranged in a certain way, all designed to be just right.

Instead switch to the tracking table which includes the % complete column as part of the table design.

Alternatively, if you want to display a particular custom set of columns which are not available in one of the built in tables, make a new custom table from scratch (tables, more tables, new)

Alternatively, copy an existing table which is similar to the one you want, and give the new table a distinctive and descriptive name eg "AA My New Table 01".

Friday, December 11, 2015 10:34 PM