ProClarity Web Professional RRS feed

• Question

•  

We have a server that we have installed Performance Point 2007 on (Windows 2003 Enterprise SP2 x64). We are engaged with a third party that remotes to the server. We already installed Excel 2007 so that they could design some forms and reports for our first foray into Planning and Forecasting. My question is whether or not it would also be OK to install Web Professional on that server. They would like to be able to author some briefing books for our dashboards as well.
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:11 PM

Answers

• Hello.

Web professional should run fine on an x64 Win2k3 server.  You'll need to have a PAS server running in the environment to host the books/views that your PDS/PPS dashboards connect to.

hth

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hello.

Web professional should run fine on an x64 Win2k3 server.  You'll need to have a PAS server running in the environment to host the books/views that your PDS/PPS dashboards connect to.

hth

Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:00 PM
  • How can one get PAS today? Please correct me if I am wrong: To use full features of ProClarity (including Decomposition Tree) in PPS dashboard, one needs PAS. However, Microsoft no longer sells PAS? Please forgive ignorance, I am very confused with the PPS and ProClarity integration...

Thanks,

ZK

Saturday, April 19, 2008 12:13 AM
  •  

ZK,

All ProClarity 6.3 products, including PAS, are bundled with this release of PPS.  If you buy PPS, you will have PAS.

-Joey

Monday, April 21, 2008 4:34 PM
  • Thanks Joey,

The detailed info about the level of ProClarity integration with PPS is hard to find. I am currently running an evaluation version of PPS and ProClarity Desktop. My objective is to have a sophisticated graphical analysis done in ProClarity Desktop, and load it to PPS. From there, I'd like to be able to surface those elements (i.e. decomposition tree) onto PPS Dashboard. Does anyone know of any documentation that describes ProClarity Desktop Professional operation with PPS?

Thanks,

ZK.

Monday, April 21, 2008 5:54 PM
  • ZK,

My knowledge on PPS and ProClarity integration is a little thin and I'm not aware of any documentation.  You should post your questions to the PPS forums: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=517&SiteID=17, and talk with some of the tech sales folk - they're really good.

-Joey  

Monday, April 21, 2008 7:07 PM