comm ports RRS feed

• Question

•  

How do I tell whats using com port 3 in Vista Home Premium?

I don`t see anything running that would need a com port!.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 4:41 PM

Answers

• I hope you forgive me for being a bit flippant but your reply to my post was a little silly.

You wrote:

i think that you should have a check which hardware device contacts com port 3 on the box...

That was exactly my question!

I wrote:How do I tell whats using com port 3 in Vista Home Premium?

I resolved the issue anyways.

I used a serial port program that closed the program using the port, then when I opened the program that needed that port,it "captured " it and now the program runs fine.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:02 PM

All replies

• What is your problem? i think that you should have a check which hardware device contacts com port 3 on the box. Do you run some Virtual COM Port software on the computer?

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:11 AM
  • I hope you forgive me for being a bit flippant but your reply to my post was a little silly.

You wrote:

i think that you should have a check which hardware device contacts com port 3 on the box...

That was exactly my question!

I wrote:How do I tell whats using com port 3 in Vista Home Premium?

I resolved the issue anyways.

I used a serial port program that closed the program using the port, then when I opened the program that needed that port,it "captured " it and now the program runs fine.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:02 PM
  • Obviously, it is a third-party software program issue instead of Windows vista OS. Therefore, you should directly contact the program vender directly if you meet the same problem in the future. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 3:33 AM