none
Windows 8.1 couldn't be installed. Error code 0X80070083 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell OptiPlex 3010 with Windows 8 Pro and it's activated. Undergone full Windows Update and it's completed.

Log in with a Microsoft account and so far no problem. But while upgrade to Windows 8.1 through STORE, I got at initial stage the following message error :

"Something happened and the Windows 8.1 couldn't be installed. Please try again. Error code 0X80070083"

Worked around again to troubleshoot this issue. Given my Login Microsoft account the administrator privilege and launch windows update again. No problem on Action Center for troubleshooting. But still same message as mentioned above when download 3.6GB Windows 8.1.

What's going wrong?

Thanks for your help! 

Navtej_R

Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Let’s check if we can find something in Windowsupdate.log or CBS.log.

You can also, try to restart Windows Store service and Windows Update service in Service Manager.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Let’s check if we can find something in Windowsupdate.log or CBS.log.

You can also, try to restart Windows Store service and Windows Update service in Service Manager.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:07 AM
  • Thank you very much Alex for your support. Indeed, it is from Windows Update. I run the "Troubleshooting - fix problems with Windows Update" and it was fixed. Launch again 8.1 upgrade. It goes smoothly and successfully.

Thanks.

Navtej_R

Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:36 PM