Dashboard Designer: SharePoint Location Does Not Allow Data Sources RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have Dashboard Designer installed via the download on a BI Site, but everything is greyed out. In the Workspace Browser, it states that it is "loading..." but has loaded anything. When I sroll over the greyed out items such as Data Source it states:

"This command is disabled because this SharePoint location does not allow data sources."

I get the same error for Dashboard, Scorecard, KPI, and Filter where it states it does not allow "Filters", etc.

Any ideas of what is going on? I checked Central Admin and Performance Point is set to allow all data sources. Could this be related to the Unattended Service Account?

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:03 PM

Answers

• Found it! I have to create a BI Site and enter the URL of the BI site in my connection. I thought that you could use PerformancePoint without creating a BI site. Does anyone know if that is true?
    • Marked as answer by KR_KR Wednesday, February 2, 2011 7:47 PM
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 7:47 PM

All replies

• Found it! I have to create a BI Site and enter the URL of the BI site in my connection. I thought that you could use PerformancePoint without creating a BI site. Does anyone know if that is true?
    • Marked as answer by KR_KR Wednesday, February 2, 2011 7:47 PM
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 7:47 PM
  • I had a similar problem, though just with the Data Source.  I created a new list of type 'DataConnections Library for PerformancePoint' and after firing up the Dashboard Designer anew, I got the option to create Data Sources.

I had already created a PerformancePoint Content List, maybe if that is missing you get the other Dashboard content greyed out in the designer.

HTH,

Matt

@FatMarley

Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:35 PM
  • i am just New for BI , I created the Site collection from the type performancepoint,

I got this error :

sharepoint location does not allow data sources

for any type of connection i use, like : SharePoint list , analytic service ,.. etc ,

what is missing ?

thank u for help

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:15 PM