none
How to bulk edit resource availability dates RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to bulk edit resource availability dates, either through Project Online, or by editing enterprise resources in Project Pro?

My use cases for that are two-fold.

1. I'm setting up Project Online for my organization, and I'd like to do a "soft" launch where everyone's accounts are setup, but such that their earliest available date is the same as our go-live.
    2. We have groups of employees that all have either increased or decreased maximum units during holidays... sometimes such that they don't work at all, or just at 50 % for two weeks, or if they normally worked 50%, they would be available for 100% during long time periods. I know I can set that by using Project Pro and individually editing each resource... but in bulk?

Ian

Friday, June 26, 2015 6:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Ian,

One of the things you can try to do is to write a macro that will update the Available From field for all your resources. However, are you going to migrate any in projects that are in execution and are your users also assigned as resources on those projects? If so, then your resources will appear as overallocated for the period before they are available!

Hope this helps

Paul

• Marked as answer by Ian Bruckner Friday, July 10, 2015 7:12 PM
    Friday, June 26, 2015 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Ian,

One of the things you can try to do is to write a macro that will update the Available From field for all your resources. However, are you going to migrate any in projects that are in execution and are your users also assigned as resources on those projects? If so, then your resources will appear as overallocated for the period before they are available!

Hope this helps

Paul

• Marked as answer by Ian Bruckner Friday, July 10, 2015 7:12 PM
    Friday, June 26, 2015 7:56 PM
  • Thanks, Paul. I've never done a macro in project before, so I'll look into how that would be possible.

We are migrating projects that are in execution, but work will only be entered beginning on our cut over date. The project start date will be the actual project start date, but there will be a gap between that start date, and the start date of any task that has work.

Ian

Friday, July 10, 2015 6:41 PM
  • That was an excellent suggestion to use a macro. While not quite a bulk-edit, it was still manageable with my organization's size.

Ian

Friday, July 10, 2015 7:13 PM