none
WSUS Auto Approvals Declined RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have some auto approvals setup in WSUS which are for Definitions and updated for FEP and they are coming through to the clients however if I look at the revision history it shows as declined.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Many Thanks

James

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:22 AM

Answers

• I have some auto approvals setup in WSUS which are for Definitions and updated for FEP and they are coming through to the clients however if I look at the revision history it shows as declined.

Almost certainly (since we are talking about Definition Updates for Forefront) because those updates are expired, and the default option Automatically decline updates when a new revision causes them to expire is doing its job.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Product Manager, SolarWinds
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 4:50 PM

All replies

• I have some auto approvals setup in WSUS which are for Definitions and updated for FEP and they are coming through to the clients however if I look at the revision history it shows as declined.

Almost certainly (since we are talking about Definition Updates for Forefront) because those updates are expired, and the default option Automatically decline updates when a new revision causes them to expire is doing its job.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Product Manager, SolarWinds
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 4:50 PM
  • Ahhh cool that makes sense then and it appears to be working as it should then sounds like its happy then which is what I like :)

Thanks for your reply.

James

Friday, August 3, 2012 2:57 PM