SWF linked in Word RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Microsoft Word document with over 80 shockwave flash objects linked to graphs. The Word document has macro that dynamically links the graphs (SWF files) to the shockwave flash objects. The graphs aren't embedded, they are linked because they have to be loaded when the Word document is opened.

So I have two problems:

1 - When I page the document the graphs (SWF) are loaded correctly one by one but when the 60th object is being loaded, Word puts a exclamation icon in all shockwave flash objects. It seems Word has a limit to load this kind of object;

2 - When I try to print the document, the print preview shows the graphs (SWF) but they don't appear at the printing.

Does anyone know if there's a solution to the problems?

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:20 PM

All replies

• check this link this may help you out

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/50218-how-embed-swf-word-excel-ppt.html

Monday, September 10, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Thanks for answering but I'm not using embedded flash objects in Word, I'm linking them (embed = FALSE).

So I´d like to know if there are limit to load them in Word and why the objects (graphs) aren´t printed.

Monday, September 10, 2012 3:02 PM
  • What version of Word are you using?

Ross - Sr. Support Engineer Microsoft Office

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:41 PM
  • It happens in Word 2003 and 2010.

Thanks.

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:39 PM
  • I tested with Word 2003 and Word 2010. I was able to add 80 Flash object Active X controls into the document and they all rendered correctly. They were not all unique however but just copies of one original I made. I'm not sure if you have 80 unique Flash objects.

As for the printing issue, I did reproduce that issue. I searched for information around this issue, but did not see any. As a result, I will document this for further investigation.

Ross - Sr. Support Engineer Microsoft Office

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:41 PM
  • I believe that difference is that I have 80 different Flash objects and they receiving a flash variable to define how data will be presented. Maybe it uses more memory. Is it possible?
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:39 PM