URL Links in Virtualized Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

When I click on links inside a virtualized app (word or thunderbird), it takes about a minute for IE7 to bring the page up and when it finally does, IE7 seems to be running within the bubble.  How should I be handling links within my virtual apps?  I've read some suggestions about changing the FTAs.  I tried changing the .url association to spawn a new process, but I haven't had any success.

I appreciate the help, thanks!

~Kevin
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:43 PM

Answers

• I wanted to report that the OSD scripting solution worked.  However, the solution I'm going to implement is the upgrade to IE8.  IE8 seems to not use ieuser.exe anymore, but it uses two instances of iexplore.exe instead. 

Also, I wanted to note that this problem affects every virtualized program that needs to start iexplore.exe (Silverlight, Flash, [other plugins], office, etc.) 

-Kevin
    • Marked as answer by KevinML Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:54 PM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:54 PM

All replies

• I think I tracked down at least part of my problem.  I think it has to do with how ieuser.exe is being called.  I'll post if i discover any more useful information.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:40 PM
  • Hello

When you initially sequenced, did you try and open all of the links?  In other words during sequencing try all the scenarios including changing URL's accessing links, etc so it all gets captured.

Thanks,

Dan Bernhardt [MSFT]
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 6:36 PM
    Answerer
  • To add, there is a thread going on for issues related to AutoCad 2009:

http://www.softgridguru.com/viewtopic.php?t=3015&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:31 PM
  • Hello

Have you found out what went wrong with this issue, as I mentioned above, did you run through all scenarios while sequencing?

Thanks.
    Dan Bernhardt [MSFT]
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Update:

I did try re-sequencing the application and clicking through as many scenarios that I could think of while sequencing.  I still had the same problem.  I think I've narrowed it down to an issue with ieuser.exe.  I'm going to try the following:

a)During the sequencing, I'm going to try to explicitly run ieuser during the capture phase.  It isn't captured during a normal sequencing because ieuser.exe is only run for users (i'm sequencing on an admin account). 

b)Use osd scripting to load and unload ieuser.exe on the programs that need to link to IE.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 7:59 PM
  • It also seems that IE8 might address the issue I'm having.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:06 PM
  • I wanted to report that the OSD scripting solution worked.  However, the solution I'm going to implement is the upgrade to IE8.  IE8 seems to not use ieuser.exe anymore, but it uses two instances of iexplore.exe instead. 

Also, I wanted to note that this problem affects every virtualized program that needs to start iexplore.exe (Silverlight, Flash, [other plugins], office, etc.) 

-Kevin
    • Marked as answer by KevinML Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:54 PM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:54 PM