Shared Mailbox with Multiple Shared Calendars RRS feed

• Question

• We have a shared mailbox (Exchange 2010) for a department and they have created 30+ calendars that they would like other users to have access to. I've tried giving access to the calendars folder with powershell giving the users reviewer access which is what was requested.

I started with this

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "Dept42" -User "user" -AccessRights ReadPermission -InheritanceType all

then

Add-MailboxFolderPermission -identity "Dept42:\Calendar" -user "nrogers" -AccessRights Reviewer

I'm assuming this command gives access to all calendars folder since i've tried to specify the calendar and get errors that the specific calendar could not be found. Am I missing something as they still cannot see the shared calendar even though I can add the mailbox to their outlook profile.

Thanks

Jay

Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:57 PM

Answers

• This command does give access to the Calendar folder, but it doesn't change access to subfolders of it.  Preexisting folders need to be changed individually.

Now, to ensure you have complete info, if this department uses these calendars for meeting invitations, they won't be able to invite from or to the sub-calendars of this mailbox - only the primary calendar can accept or send meeting requests.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:24 PM
  • Hi,

To share the sub calendar to other users, we need to give them the desired permission (at least Reviewer) to the folder and at least Folder visible permission to every Root folder above the shared subfolder.

Besides, we also need to give them Folder visible permission to the shared mailbox.

1. Right click on the mailbox root.
    2. The Default account typically has no permission to the entire mailbox. You can either give the Default account Folder visible permission or click Add and select the users who you want to grant the permissions.
    3. Check the Folder visible box only and the permission level remains set to None.

Once the Calendar folder permission are set, who the folders are shared with needs to add this shared mailbox to their profile.

Could you please check the result from Outlook side?

If there is any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 28, 2014 5:04 AM

All replies

• This command does give access to the Calendar folder, but it doesn't change access to subfolders of it.  Preexisting folders need to be changed individually.

Now, to ensure you have complete info, if this department uses these calendars for meeting invitations, they won't be able to invite from or to the sub-calendars of this mailbox - only the primary calendar can accept or send meeting requests.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:24 PM
  • Hi,

After you grant user permission on Calendar folder in shared mailbox, you can use the following way to open the Calendar folder in the shared mailbox.

File -> Open -> other User's Folder

Could you please try this way to check the result?

Best regards,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Belinda Ma

Friday, April 25, 2014 7:28 AM
  • Belinda, this only works for the primary calendar.  Any sub-calendars are not affected and can't be viewed this way.
    Friday, April 25, 2014 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

To share the sub calendar to other users, we need to give them the desired permission (at least Reviewer) to the folder and at least Folder visible permission to every Root folder above the shared subfolder.

Besides, we also need to give them Folder visible permission to the shared mailbox.

1. Right click on the mailbox root.
    2. The Default account typically has no permission to the entire mailbox. You can either give the Default account Folder visible permission or click Add and select the users who you want to grant the permissions.
    3. Check the Folder visible box only and the permission level remains set to None.

Once the Calendar folder permission are set, who the folders are shared with needs to add this shared mailbox to their profile.

Could you please check the result from Outlook side?

If there is any update, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Belinda Ma

Monday, April 28, 2014 5:04 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?

Best regards,

Belinda Ma

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:39 AM