none
Exchange 2013 - Forward an email sent by the user

Question

• Hi All,

Please, I need your help, I would like to know if is possible forward the email sent for the users. I know for received email I can configure the Forwarding address in ECP, but how can forward the emails sent by the specific user?? For example:

User1 sent email to client1, I need to know what the user1 sent so I need forwarding to my email address.

Thank for your help

CRAS

Monday, July 31, 2017 7:43 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

Please, I need your help, I would like to know if is possible forward the email sent for the users. I know for received email I can configure the Forwarding address in ECP, but how can forward the emails sent by the specific user?? For example:

User1 sent email to client1, I need to know what the user1 sent so I need forwarding to my email address.

Thank for your help

CRAS

Instead of forwarding, why not journal or use the Ediscovery feature with a hold on the mailbox to search at your convenience. 

If you really want those items in your inbox, create a transport rule to do that. 

• Edited by Andy DavidMVP Monday, July 31, 2017 8:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by kromo21 Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:39 PM
    Monday, July 31, 2017 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hi All,

Thank for your help

CRAS

Instead of forwarding, why not journal or use the Ediscovery feature with a hold on the mailbox to search at your convenience. 

If you really want those items in your inbox, create a transport rule to do that. 

• Edited by Andy DavidMVP Monday, July 31, 2017 8:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by kromo21 Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:39 PM
    Monday, July 31, 2017 8:17 PM
  • Thanks Andy,

I understand that I need another email address account to achieve this goal with Ediscovery, so the request is only forward the sent email, In addition, I never use this feature, I need to learn how eDiscovery works and if I can forward email sent by the user only.  

CRAS

Monday, July 31, 2017 8:41 PM
  • Thanks Andy,

I understand that I need another email address account to achieve this goal with Ediscovery, so the request is only forward the sent email, In addition, I never use this feature, I need to learn how eDiscovery works and if I can forward email sent by the user only.  

CRAS

You don't need another email address. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd298021(v=exchg.150).aspx

Monday, July 31, 2017 8:55 PM
  • Thanks Andy,

I use the eDiscovery but I have this error:

Errors:
    A mailbox with items included in the search results couldn’t be found. This mailbox may have been moved, modified, or deleted. Please run this search request again later.

The email account do not have been moved, modified or delete.

CRAS

Monday, July 31, 2017 9:49 PM
  • My problem is that The CALs of my users are Standard, to use eDiscovery I need Enterprise CAL.

CRAS

Monday, July 31, 2017 10:27 PM
  • I wanted to use Flow rule but I need Enterprise CAL too.

CRAS

Monday, July 31, 2017 10:47 PM
  • Hi,

>>My problem is that The CALs of my users are Standard, to use eDiscovery I need Enterprise CAL.
    >>I wanted to use Flow rule but I need Enterprise CAL too.

How did you know that? Have you tried to set up a mail flow rule and got some error messages like this? Based on my knowledge, the Exchange server with Standard CAL does have the function eDiscovery and Mail flow rules.

For the error: A mailbox with items included in the search results couldn’t be found. This mailbox may have been moved, modified, or deleted. Please run this search request again later.

You can recreate the eDiscovery mailbox, refer to this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn750894(v=exchg.150).aspx.

Best Regards,

Manu Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 11:27 AM
  • I wanted to use Flow rule but I need Enterprise CAL too.

CRAS

Transport rules do not require an Enterprise CAL.

https://products.office.com/en-us/exchange/microsoft-exchange-server-licensing-licensing-overview

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 12:05 PM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that all the mails from user1 to client1 need to forward to you?

If so, you can set up a mail flow rule (we also call it transport rule) like this:

Best Regards,

Manu Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 2:38 AM