Searching "All Contact Items" in Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I'm currently testing if this is limitation or an issue of Outlook 2016. 

We have user who has two shared contacts from other other users. 

User would like to use the 'all contact items' search to search through her own contacts and also the shared contacts. 

At this point all contacts search will only return the results from her own contact lists. 

I've read it elsewhere that in the mail search search will always be default to primary mailbox and you can only search other mailbox manually by clicking it. 

Any info would be great. 

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, May 1, 2019 1:58 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:11 AM

All replies

• I've read it elsewhere that in the mail search search will always be default to primary mailbox and you can only search other mailbox manually by clicking it. 

Any info would be great. 

Hi IT_55,

Based on my test and research, this is by design that searching via "All contact items' will not return results from shared folders. For shared folders, we can only get searching results from current selected contacts folder.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Outlook. What’s more, if an idea is high voted there by other customers, Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, May 3, 2019 8:12 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 6, 2019 4:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 6, 2019 4:36 AM
    Wednesday, May 1, 2019 1:58 AM
  • Hi Perry, 

Thank you for the feedback! 

Good to know that someone else has tested it already.

Kind Regards

IT_55

Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:18 AM
  • You are welcome~

You can also visit the Outlook user voice forum to submit a feedback about this.

Besides, if the information above is helpful to you, it's recommended to mark it as answer so it will benefit other users who may have same questions.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 4:45 AM