Management Pack Names not displaying RRS feed

• Question

• Please can someone assist me. I am not able to view the Management Pack Names in the list of installed MP's

I only see Version,Date Imported, Sealed (Yes/No)

Is it view Properties I need to change ?

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Ginger,

When you right click on a column name in Management Packs you won't see Personalize View Option. This is there for some of the items in the Administration section.

My guess is it is already there but the column name has been collapsed. Try moving mouse pointer near a column name until it change to a double arrow head and drag the column to resize. Please refer below screenshot. Just double click the column name to restore to the original size.

Janaka Rangama MCT MIEEE MBCS (Please take a moment to Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, where applicable.)

• Proposed as answer by Janaka RangamaMVP Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, October 17, 2014 7:27 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:21 PM

All replies

• No, you didn't need to change anything in Management Pack Properties. only you need to change to enable Management Pack or Override rules as environment required from Authoring Tab.

But In the Properties dialog box for the management pack, click the Dependencies tab.

The Dependencies tab lists any management packs that the selected management pack depends on and any management packs that depend on the selected management pack.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 10:15 AM
  • Thank you for your reply

I am not able to view the MP's Installed "Names" under Administration, but when I do click on a MP>Properties ... Then Only I can see the name of the MP Installed and the version

The Main View- Management Packs - Will show me the amount of MP installed the version and date but no Name

It's not part of the Columns 

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 12:14 PM
  • You can personalize the views in the admin space.  I suspect maybe this field is missing, so right click on the top where the columns are and select personalize view... then chose the data you want to display.

Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/ If my response was helpful, please mark it as so, if it answered your question, then please also mark it accordingly. Thank you.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 3:57 PM
  • Hi Ginger,

When you right click on a column name in Management Packs you won't see Personalize View Option. This is there for some of the items in the Administration section.

My guess is it is already there but the column name has been collapsed. Try moving mouse pointer near a column name until it change to a double arrow head and drag the column to resize. Please refer below screenshot. Just double click the column name to restore to the original size.

Janaka Rangama MCT MIEEE MBCS (Please take a moment to Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, where applicable.)

• Proposed as answer by Janaka RangamaMVP Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, October 17, 2014 7:27 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:21 PM