none
Related to Cubes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

1. Why don't we have a Project Owners' dimension in the Assignment Time-phased/Non-time-phased cube? 
    2. The Baseline work in the MS-Project Plan does not match with the one in the Assignment Time-phased/ Non-Time-phased cube.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Amit

To your question 1, As the name suggests you are working with a cube which deals with assignment & not project and since the owner is a project level attribute, hence obvious is the schema defined, that is the way it has been defined

now to your question 2,  one of them i could quickly think of if the cube been not been successfully rebuilt / refreshed post  changes 

Let us know if this helps

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:24 AM
  • Hey Sunil,

Answering to your second question: I had published the project and did build the cube successfully. The Actual Work got affected but not the Baseline Work. There was still a mismatch. 

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:58 AM
  • Hi Amit

were you able to figure out why the values are not in Sync ? as i cannot think of any other reason than department filtering out the value also you might want to check in the OLAP configuration if correct fields are selected within measures

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:26 PM
  • How much of a mismatch?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:06 PM
  • There is more than 80 Mandays difference. In the Web App it is showing the exact value which is present in the MS-Project. The difference is just for a few projects, rest of the projects have no problem. Where has it gone wrong?

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Friday, February 8, 2013 4:17 AM