windows vista key RRS feed

• Question

• hi i gave my laptop to someone to change it from windows vist to windows xp , they took the vista off then put windows xp on and had a problem with it , so they took it back off and put windows vista back on with someone elses disc , now i keep getting a message come up saying plz enter product key and i have 25 days to do this or i will lose use ov windows , i have tried the product key that is on the bottom of my laptop but it wont accept it , plz help as dont no what to do now
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please tell us the specific make and model number of your "laptop".  Thank you!
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:00 AM
  • Hi,

You need to reinstall Windows Vista using the disc that came with your laptop. Then the product key on the botton will work with it. Or you need to purchase another key.

For more information, please visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/genuine/faq?displaylang=en&cCode=JPN&Error=108&PartnerID=400

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:16 AM