SFB Front End Service not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am deploying SFB Enterprise pool with Single node, post deployment when I tried to start the services I'm getting below errors..

I did checked on SQL i'm able to connect and SQL connectivity from SFB to SQL also working fine. Any clues

From the error it's very clearly stating Connectivity issue but from the SFB server I don't see any connectivity issues to SQL.

However I would like to confirm  in this Pool(Enterprise) I have only one Front End Server and I don't have any plans to deploy another FE being this is my DR site which will host only 300 users.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Startup will be delayed until the Backup Store BackEnd becomes available.

Cause: Possible Issues with the Backup Store BackEnd.

Resolution:

Ensure that the Backup Store BackEnd SQL Server is running and connectivity is working. The Backup Store needs to be available for initial startup to complete.

----------------------------

Failed to connect to back-end database.  Skype for Business Server will continuously attempt to reconnect to the back-end.  While this condition persists, incoming messages will receive error responses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Back-end Database: rtcxds  Connection string of: 

driver={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};Trusted_Connection=yes;AutoTranslate=no;server=hqsql-14ls02.contoso.com\sql14hl01;database=rtcxds;

Cause: Possible issues with back-end database.

Resolution:

Ensure the back-end is functioning correctly.

Thanks Sekhar

Monday, June 25, 2018 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply and sharing. I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

You could mark the reply as answer to help others who have same problems.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by pabbin Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:41 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of SQL server do you use?

It seems a SQL connectivity issue, could you please check the “Logins” account under “Security” in the SQL server? Usually it should contain some RTC* and Csadministrator groups.

In addition, you could re-run this command:

Install-CsDatabase –Update –ConfiguredDatabases –SqlServerFqdn <SQL Server FQDN>

Here is a step-by-step setup article you could refer:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/05/05/step-by-step-installation-of-skype-for-business-server-2015/

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hello Shaw,

We are using sql 2014 enterprise edition, even I tried running the above command but still no luck.

We resolved the issue after correcting the listener on backend SQL.

Thanks Sekhar

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:42 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply and sharing. I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

You could mark the reply as answer to help others who have same problems.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

• Marked as answer by pabbin Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:41 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:44 AM