Unable to connect to the Internet after installing CS3 on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently updated my Dell XPS Studio to Windows 7 Pro which is connected to our work network running Windows Server 2003? My computer came with Windows Vista Ultimate. After the upgrade to Windows 7 I installed CS3 and the program somehow would not let me out to the internet. The CS3 program installed okay and works fine and I am able to connect to my network drives and what not but for some reason not able to get out on the Internet. I called Adobe for support and they really did not have an answer, they said it was a network problem. Can anyone help??
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 10:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave,

Just this evening I did a clean install of 7-64 Pro, installed CS3 Design Standard and watched Adobe's updater take out my connectivity. In my case Adobe's updater installed then created a network under my regular home network, nicely labelled unidentified network. Both my home and the unidentified network showed no connectivity in the networks control panel.

In my case, the solution (after trying all normal troubleshooting techniques) was to go into device manager, uninstall my network adapter, reboot and let 7 reinstall the drivers for it (an on-board Marvel 10/100/1000 on my Gigabyte 965p-DQ6 motherboard). Windows then automagically deleted the Adobe updater bug network and restored my home network. It is working fine now just as before the install of Adobe's crapware.

I will take a wild guess that you'll not be quite as lucky as I was since you have networked drives that may need to be remapped, but give this angle a look to see if you get things working.

FWIW, CS3 is as stable as it ever was in Vista x64 Ultimate after the updater did its job and borked my LAN.

Good luck,

Carl Miller
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, January 4, 2010 10:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 6:56 AM
  • Hi again, Dave.

My previous post is only partly correct. CS3 installs a hidden gem from ...wait for it... Apple; a service that you must stop from running using msconfig.

Run MsConfig

Under the Services tab uncheck the service called "##Id_String1.6844[... and then a bunch of numbers]" by Apple

Reboot system and you'll see your network icon quickly go from red to yellow to online.

A hearty WTF to Adobe and Apple for this nice little trick. Thanks to others who discovered the guilty service--I googled the problem after rebooting and noticing that my fix only lasted for one power cycle.

Carl Miller
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When did this issue occur? right after upgrading to win7 or after installing CS3?

I would suggest a system restore to get back to the date before CS3 was installed to check the result.

If no go, try the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Network and Internet, click on "Internet connection" and start the troubleshooting to check the result.

As you can connect to the network, can you access internet via the network running Windows Server 2003? There can be proxy and port settings you might need to check.

In addition, when trying to launch IE, what is the exact error message?
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 6:40 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Just this evening I did a clean install of 7-64 Pro, installed CS3 Design Standard and watched Adobe's updater take out my connectivity. In my case Adobe's updater installed then created a network under my regular home network, nicely labelled unidentified network. Both my home and the unidentified network showed no connectivity in the networks control panel.

In my case, the solution (after trying all normal troubleshooting techniques) was to go into device manager, uninstall my network adapter, reboot and let 7 reinstall the drivers for it (an on-board Marvel 10/100/1000 on my Gigabyte 965p-DQ6 motherboard). Windows then automagically deleted the Adobe updater bug network and restored my home network. It is working fine now just as before the install of Adobe's crapware.

I will take a wild guess that you'll not be quite as lucky as I was since you have networked drives that may need to be remapped, but give this angle a look to see if you get things working.

FWIW, CS3 is as stable as it ever was in Vista x64 Ultimate after the updater did its job and borked my LAN.

Good luck,

Carl Miller
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 6:56 AM
  • Hi again, Dave.

My previous post is only partly correct. CS3 installs a hidden gem from ...wait for it... Apple; a service that you must stop from running using msconfig.

Run MsConfig

Under the Services tab uncheck the service called "##Id_String1.6844[... and then a bunch of numbers]" by Apple

Reboot system and you'll see your network icon quickly go from red to yellow to online.

A hearty WTF to Adobe and Apple for this nice little trick. Thanks to others who discovered the guilty service--I googled the problem after rebooting and noticing that my fix only lasted for one power cycle.

Carl Miller
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 10:09 AM
  • Hi, Thanks  a lot it worked by unchecking that thing from apple.\

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 9:21 AM