How to automatic bind a hierarchy to ScoreCard? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i have a scorecard that will have one KPI and i want to automatically put a hierarchy on the rows below my KPI, as child's of my main KPI.

I want all the member's of this hierarchy to be added automatically to the scorecard, without the need to select all the member's one by one, like when i drag the dimension's to the scorecard area, because more member's will be added later to the dimension.

It's important too for me that the creation of the hierarchy level's is automatic too.  

Is there any way to do what i need?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:24 PM

Answers

• Hello Michael,

You can create a dynamic named set in the cube which will select the members from hierarchy. Then drag this named set under the KPI in scorecard.

Hope this will help you.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:55 AM
  • The other option you have besides setting up the named set in the cube (which I would recommend so that it can be reused) would be to drag the Custom item under the Set Formulas section onto your rows and place the MDX that you want within the Set Formula Editor.  This option does not allow you to modify this after you have added it or reuse this logic.  If you save the workspace file and open up the bswx file you will see the MDX within the file.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hello Michael,

You can create a dynamic named set in the cube which will select the members from hierarchy. Then drag this named set under the KPI in scorecard.

Hope this will help you.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:55 AM
  • The other option you have besides setting up the named set in the cube (which I would recommend so that it can be reused) would be to drag the Custom item under the Set Formulas section onto your rows and place the MDX that you want within the Set Formula Editor.  This option does not allow you to modify this after you have added it or reuse this logic.  If you save the workspace file and open up the bswx file you will see the MDX within the file.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:38 AM
  • Hi Michael, thaks!

I created a dynamic named set like you sugested and after I draged this named set under my KPI and It´s worked!
     Now I have one little problem, I want to create a hierarchy in this named set because I need  my scorecard make drilltrhough with the datas . Do you know what function or query MDX I need to use?   

Thaks again!
    Friday, August 28, 2009 5:00 PM
  • Hi Dan, thaks!

I created a dynamic named set and It worked, Now I have one little problem, I want to create a hierarchy in this named set because I need  my scorecard make drilltrhough with the datas . Do you know what function or query MDX I need to use?   

Thaks!

Friday, August 28, 2009 5:11 PM
  • I am not sure how this will work but you can try using Hierarchies function.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 6:50 PM